Making falafel is easy and healthy at the same time. When prepared in an
instant pot air fryer lid, it comes out perfectly moist, inside is fluffy, and
crispy outside. It is good for make-ahead and freezer friendly.
Prep time and cook time: 50 minutes
Ingredients to use:
● 2 cups chickpeas, dried
● 1 cup fresh parsley
● 1 onion, quartered
● 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, stem removed
● 6 peeled garlic cloves
● 3/4 cup fresh dill leaves, stem removed
● 1 tbsp. cumin powder
● 1 tbsp. baking powder
● 1 tbsp. coriander powder
● 1 tbsp. cayenne powder
● 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
● 3 tbsp. olive oil
Step-by-Step Directions to Cook It:
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight.
2. Pat dry all ingredients using a kitchen towel.
3. Place chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, dill, cumin powder, cayenne
powder, coriander powder, pepper, garlic, and onion in a food
processor. Process until a coarse meal.
4. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover using a cling wrap, and
refrigerate about 1-3 hours.
5. Add baking powder and salt mixing well.
6. Form patties, 2×1/2-inch, then coat them with oil.
7. Place a fryer basket on top of a trivet placed inside an instant pot.
8. Now arrange the coated patties with oil on the fryer basket.
9. Seal your pot using an air fryer lid.
10. Set the temperature to 350oF, and set the timer for 6 minutes. Flip
and set for another 6 minutes until falafel is golden brown.
11. Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional value per serving:
Calories: 91kcal, Carbs: 12.5g Fat: 3.4g, Protein: 3.9g