– How to treat constipation in different ways?
When you feel that you suffer from constipation, do you have to go to the doctor immediately, or is it better to try some effective home remedies for constipation?
Many people are very busy dealing with the issue of “constipation“ and its treatment. You find a lot of anxiety and think about the stool (feces), its hardness, color, and frequency of output. However, these data are not considered medically important. Except for some rare cases (usually in elderly patients), these data may indicate changes in bowel functioning and a serious problem.
– Treating constipation at home:
Careful care when selecting a healthy diet is usually more important than tracking and controlling the excretory process in its subtle detail. But in case you become constipated, you can follow the following home remedial advice:
- Doing simple exercises: try to walk for a short period of time every day, which should help with constipation.
- Liquids: Ensure that you drink an adequate amount of fluids daily.
- Caffeine: Avoid eating caffeine products of all kinds.
- Diet: Focus on eating fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Organized dates: Set a specific date every day to try to defecate and do not rush to do so!
- Stent: Place a stool under your feet when you sit on the toilet to facilitate bowel operation during the bowel movement.
- Laxatives: You can try some laxatives that are sold without a prescription after consulting a doctor.
– When should you see a doctor?
If you apply all of the above and do not notice any improvement and the following signs and symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor:
- Constipation lasted for more than a week after home treatment.
- Pain in the anal area.
- Blood in the stool.
- Fecal leakage involuntarily.
Defecation may occur up to three times a day, but in return, it may be limited to once every three days. Stool color change is not supposed to be worrisome, not feel, or even its density or size.
Also, the output can be regular, or it may not be. None of these factors is a cause for concern unless there is a significant and noticeable difference from the usual output pattern.
– Treatment of constipation at the doctor:
If there is a noticeable change in your bowel movements patterns, expect that your doctor will perform a manual colonoscopy through the anus.
- Medicines to treat constipation:
If the doctor’s decision is a prescription for treating constipation, here are a group of the most important medications that are used in the treatment of constipation so that you can learn about it and the side effects that may be caused to you.
You can access the medication page for constipation treatment by clicking here (medications to treat constipation).
- Constipation in children:
Constipation in children is a very common problem, and usually, you need to consult a doctor because some diseases may lead to constipation in children.
– Causes of constipation in children:
There are several reasons that may be underlying children getting constipation, perhaps the most important of them are:
- – Change the quality of the food served
- – Not drinking the required amount of fluids.
- – Certain medications can lead to constipation in children.
- – Treatment of constipation in children.
– Here is the most essential treatment advice for your child to become constipated:
- Dietary fiber: Eat foods and foods rich in fiber from fruits and vegetables combined with whole grains.
- Carbohydrates: Eating them will increase the frequency and content of water in the stool.
- Water and fluids: Ensure that the child has consumed an appropriate amount of water and fluids.
- Physical activity: Encourage the child to integrate into various activities in order to increase his physical activity.
- Determination of defecation times: Set specific hours for defecation, preferably approximately 10 minutes after breakfast.
- Medicines: Consult a doctor who can prescribe a medication that helps treat child constipation, according to his health condition.
RESOURCES MAYO CLINIC AND HEALTHLINE