Migraine is one of the health problems that suffer from some people of different age groups, which leads them to take painkillers, although there are natural methods that would contribute to its treatment without the need for drugs and medicines.
1- Cold compresses
A study published in the Hawaiian Journal of Medicine and Public Health proved that applying cold ice packs to the head or neck for 30 minutes, contributes to narrowing blood vessels and reducing inflammation, relieving headache pain.
2- Sitting in a dark place
Sitting in a dark room helps relieve headache pain, especially for people with light sensitivity.
3- No pressure on the head
Some people believe that tying the head contributes to relieving headache pain, and this belief is wrong, because it increases its severity, so it is advised after there is anything that puts pressure on the brain when it is affected, such as hair ties.
Hot drinks are an ideal choice for migraine sufferers, especially mint, ginger, and chamomile tea, as it contributes to relieving headaches, thanks to its natural compounds, such as antioxidants, which reduce inflammation.
5- Massage the area between the eyebrows
Massage the area between the eyebrows, the upper part of the nose and the neck, relieves headache pain and reduces feelings of tension and anxiety.
6- Inhalation of oils
Headache pain can be relieved by inhaling the scents of some essential oils, such as lavender oil, that improves mood and calms the nerves.
7- Doing sports
Exercise, such as running for 30 minutes a day, may help maintain a healthy body and promote blood circulation, which relieves headache pain and reduces the chances of it getting infected again.
When you feel annoying headache pain, you should rest and get enough sleep to relax the body and brain.
How to prevent a migraine attack?
As for protecting yourself from a migraine or migraine attack, we advise you to do the following:
- Magnesium intake: It is found in green leafy vegetables, which contributes to preventing migraine attacks.
- Good sleep: That is between 7-8 hours, it will protect you from seizure, but do not sleep less or more of these hours in order not to get a sister.
- Doing yoga: it reduces seizures that you can develop later.
- Vitamin B12: It is found in milk and fish, and it helps reduce the risk of migraine attacks.
- Avoid certain foods that trigger migraines, such as aged cheese.
- Avoid migraine stimuli: bright lights, high pressure, and strong scents.
Did you find this article helpful? SHARE this article on social media and tell us what home remedies you use to relieve and prevent migraine headaches!
RESOURCES MAYO CLINIC, AMERICAN MIGRAINE FOUNDATION